BFI FAN Film Exhibition Fund 2023-24 Now Open
Applications are now open for the BFI FAN Film Exhibition Fund in Northern Ireland which was created to help the independent film exhibition sector by supporting screening activity which engages in-person audiences with British, independent and international film.
The Film Exhibition Fund aims to support Hub members through National Lottery Funds to reach new and diverse audiences and offer the best independent film and broader screen experiences to their local communities. The Fund ensures that audiences across Northern Ireland can access and enjoy a diverse range of films, regardless of geography or circumstance, as part of BFI’s Screen Culture 2033 strategy.
Members can apply for £200 to £4,000 to support audience-facing screening projects and funding is open to all Film Hub NI members except those organisation in receipt of FHNI strategic awards. Learn more about FHNI membership here.
Overall, priority will be given to those Hub members with a demonstrable track record of work that meets FAN’s objectives. Please do contact the FHNI team to discuss your proposal before submission.
All proposals should respond to Film Hub NI’s key strategic objectives:
- Children and young people are empowered to develop their own relationships with a wider range of screen culture
- People across the UK can access a choice of film and the moving image, including stories that reflect their lives
- Funding helps tackle social, economic and geographic barriers for screen audiences in new, effective ways
- More people can engage with heritage collections that better reflect the diversity of the UK
All supported activity will need to address our cross-cutting principles of:
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Environmental Sustainability
Applications open: w/c 27th March 2023
Applications close: 1st January 2024 (subject to budget availability)
To apply, please follow the steps below:
- Read the FHNI Film Exhibition Fund Guidelines and BFI Diversity Standards Criteria
- Fill out the BFI FAN Equality Monitoring Report and submit
- Complete the FEF23 Proposal Form and the FEF23 Budget Template and email to [email protected]