Opportunity for Freelancers Interested in Film Marketing
Since 2016, the BFI Film Audience Network has been creating innovative, grassroots press and marketing campaigns across the UK, all with the aim of building audiences for new independent film releases. Now, we’re looking to expand our pool of freelancer marketers, and are inviting anyone interested to a free workshop day. This is an opportunity for you to network, take part in a specialist workshop and learn about the opportunities we have on offer.
Working with cinemas on incredible films like A Fantastic Woman, God’s Own Country and Mustang, we’ve organised panel discussions and parties. We’ve created GIFs, zines, beermats and badges. We’ve worked with local press and online bloggers - we’ve flyered, flash-danced and Facebooked - to ensure that anyone, no matter where they live in the UK, finds out about great independent films screening near them.
- Passionate about film
- Into arts, culture and entertainment
- Experienced in marketing and or arts/event promotion
- Organised, pro-active, a self-starter
- Good at networking and building relationships
What’s on offer?
- Attend a free audience development workshop led by Film Marketing and Distribution specialist, Jo Taylor on 20 September 2018 at Watershed, Bristol
- Your travel will be reimbursed and you will be paid £150 for your time
- Find out more about freelance opportunities in film marketing where you live
- Network with other UK-based freelancers and cinemas
Apply for this opportunity here.
We especially welcome applications from people from BAME backgrounds as they are underrepresented in the industry.
If you have any access, childcare or other needs that we can help with, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to arrange a call or video chat please contact us at email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 5pm, Monday 27 August.